Little Poundsbridge

ringsTree-ring analysis indicates that Little Poundsbridge began life as a late-fifteenth century open hall, the timbers of this phase being felled circa 1475, before being ‘modernised’ in the early-sixteenth century, these timbers felled in 1514. At some time during its history, the original roof has been replaced and it now appears to contain timbers of mixed date including, possibly, eighteenth and even nineteenth century material.